Wednesday, January 21, 2015

Obsessions

It was a very busy day going here there and everywhere.  Paperwork, Paperwork, paper work.  Said goodbye at the orphanage, got their birth certificates, and today we go apply for their passports.
Emir (he says he still wants to be called Emir, not Isaac) allowed me to comfort him some with his sadness and tears over leaving.  A huge deal for a teenage boy.  Daniel (yes, Mr. American wants to use that name), seems ready to go and let go!
At dinner time Sam and Emir sat across from me at the table and I marveled and thanked God.  So, so many years later, but these brothers are finally sitting together sharing a meal.  Oh joy of joys.
Obsessions:  Daniel’s quite obsessed with food and eating anything he sees.  I think these boys will grow fast.  Interesting.  He seems to avoid meat-hmm a vegetarian on our hands?  He’s also slightly obsessed with electronics.
Emir’s obsession continues to be “how will I come back?”  I don’t think he has a clue how far away America is or the little ocean barrier.  Next questions, “Can I drive when I’m 18?”  Sorry, that’s not going to get you to Kyrgyzstan, but I sure like the idea of you driving at 18 and not 16!
MOST GLORIOUS:  As Emir sat down to type out his questions on the translator app, he addressed me “Mama”, (or Mom when translated) every time.  Type that more!  Type it again and again and again!  Yes, I’m your mom.

They’ve not pushed away the hugs or kisses-I’m a thankful Mom


3 comments:

stacey said...

your face is glowing, what a long journey you all have been on!!! There have been so many valleys and then mountain tops, back to the valley...but God is faithful and knew where those boys needed to be! I will continue to pray for you all as you travel home and the boys make the transition to American living. BLESSINGS!!!

Barbara Wilkins said...

Words cannot describe how thrilled we are for all of you! Praise God from whom all blessings flow! Remarkable journey. They are blessed to be in your home - their home - now! I will be praying for all the transitions involved - there will be many. I will also pray for strength for you and Bob and wisdom and peace. I can't imagine all the thoughts as you laid down in bed last night. Wow - what a great journey for the world to see - Jesus living in you and in turn you caring for others. Sending a big hug Carrie! Love, Barbara Wilkins

carriemehome said...

Tears of joy and thankfulness flowing. So incredibly happy for the DeLille family right now!