Tuesday, May 31, 2022

Choosing to be thankful....

It's been years since I've written on my blog.  It was always good "therapy" for me and now I know many will grow weary of my facebook posts, so this will be an option if people want more details about my OC Journey.

1 Thessalonians 5:16-18

"Rejoice always, pray continually, give thanks in all circumstances; for this is God's will for you in Christ Jesus"

I will be making every effort to be thankful in all circumstances.  This will take great practice, but I fully accept all lessons I'm supposed to learn.  It's easy to lose that focus when you're exhausted and recovering from chemo. 

Slow down, be still, peace, patience are a few.  SHARE what I'm learning about this silent killer.  Make women aware and be a support to those who aren't as blessed as I..

My list of current thanksgivings:

Less than a week to assumed diagnosis after having symptoms checked.

8 days to see surgeon.

9 days to scan.

15 days to surgery.

No re-sectioning of bowel which was expected during surgery.

No blocked bowel, which they were suspecting.

Made it through a very difficult allergic reaction to chemo.

High enough blood count to not need a medicine with lots of side effects.

Second attempt of chemo successful.


A husband who is retired and able to be there constantly for me.  An excellent care-taker.  Certainly not how we expected to spend retirement, but we will get through this and we will see the Lord work through it.





No comments: